Monthly Archives: October 2014
She may have punched the one block over. I have always wanted the baby that is precocious in the area of punching.
Fun facts about Vee at one month:
- Ceiling fans are literally the bestest, most interesting, most exciting things ever in existance. Seriously.
- Bathtime is a form of torture. Almost as torturous as changing her nappy/diaper
- Daddy’s deep voice can soothe her to sleep. Mummy’s not so deep one isn’t as effective.
- She can lift her head! She prefers, however, to cock her head back and flash us old man faces, because she is really an elderly one month old
- She is starting to get night and day. By this, she will sleep for a few 1.5-3 hour stretches in a row at night. less so during the day. We want to encourage this.
- She weighs around 9 pounds 2, putting her on the 48th percentile. She was born closer to the 90th, but the paediatrician is happy with her growth. She is a bit of a shortie, coming in around the 28th percentile. This means she takes after Mummy.
- Eating. She likes it.
This month started out really hard. I had some stuff go not so right with me after the birth that caused my milk supply to not come in as it should. As a result, my precious baby lost more weight than she was mean’t to. We worked with what felt like 5000 people, until we found our amazing lactation consultant. She helped us suppliment through a tube that we inserted into her mouth while she nursed, meaning she recieved calories and a strong latch and breastfeeding relationship were able to be established. It was really hard work, and both of us needed to be fully committed because it mean’t feeding her was a two person job. Thankfully Kyle had a 3 week paternity leave! It was so worth it in the end.
I realise I haven’t updated in a while, but want to start blogging again. I figure it is important for the key events of the last year to be share,d so as to not be too all over the place and confusing. Which I will be regardless.
So this happened…
And then this…
Little Miss Vee. September 2014.